Thu, 03 Jun|
Project: building the online presence for your small business
CIWOT - Business Club - Building the Online Presence for your small business Project
Time & Location
03 Jun 2021, 10:30 – 23:30
About the Event
Are you a small business owner?
You know you have a good product or service but feel that digital marketing is overwhelming? too many platforms to be in but no idea how to use them correctly and make the best of them?
Do you have the feeling that you will never learn how to use them properly?
Currently, online platforms are interconnected and in order to build a presence it is necessary to be in some of them at the same time.
Who is this project for?
For small business owners (CIWOT members) with less than 2.000 followers on social media willing to learn and implement the concepts with the goal of building a strong online presence.
One online session per week for approximately 10 weeks.
The session will have two parts: 1. Participants will report their progress, 2. Webinar
Thursdays 10:30 - 11:30 approx.
3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th June
1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th July
Participants are required to commit to 1 - 2 hours per week to work on their homework.
The topics to cover will be:
- Identifying your client to create content.
- Facebook. You will learn the anatomy of the platform. You will create a professional profile for your business and learn the do's and dont's when posting. You will also explore the tools available like Business Suite, Business Manager, Creator Studio, pages, Shopping, Ads, Whatsapp, etc.
- Instagram. You will learn the anatomy of the platform.You will create a professional profile for your business and learn the do's and dont's when posting. You will also explore the tools available like Shopping, Highlights, Promotions, etc.
- Pinterest. You will learn the anatomy of the platform. You will create a professional profile for your business and learn to use the tools available like Boards, Rich Pins, Catalogs, Ads, etc.
- LinkedIn. You will learn the anatomy of the platform. You will create a professional profile for your business and learn to use the tools available like Company Page, Ads in feeds, etc.
- Other social platforms: Twitter, Youtube, Tiktok.
- Google. My Business, Analytics, Ads.
- Canva. You will learn how to use Canva and make the best of it for your business.
- Email marketing. You will learn how to build your email list, elements of an engaging email, email service providers, automation.
- Website. You will learn the anatomy of a good converting website.
- Other useful tools: Affiliate programs, Adsense, blog/vlogs
About your tutor
My name is Catalina Bertoglio and I'm an 'onlinepreneur'.
My knowledge in digital marketing comes from the need to learn how to promote my own business as a wine educator back in The Netherlands, helping friends and some associations with their websites at first and then with their social media and currently with an onlineshop selling vintage porcelain with my sister in Chile.
I remember the desperation of wanting to understand how online promotion works and not knowing where to start. The breaking point occurred a couple of years ago when our instagram account was gaining followers and a lot of interaction, but not a lot of sales. One thing is to be popular and quite another to generate sales. Therefore, I decided to study the subject and apply what I learned, with the consequence that since then our social media gains the correct audience and online shop sales increase.
I see that many women entrepreneurs with great products or services but struggling to make themselves known and sell. And it seems that life is very short and very fast to learn what is necessary, many times it is frightening and yes, many time discouraging.
Therefore, I believe that based on my experience I can help, participants acquire, without much 'blah - blah', the specific knowledge for their business, forgetting the too general concepts that can be easily acquired through YouTube or an online course .
What are the requirement to take part of this 'hands on' project??
Have a small business.
Have very few followers on social media, less than 2,000
Commitment to work every week, either on the corresponding platform for each week, reading or watching the recommended videos.
To be willing to share with the other participants your progress and your constructive opinion regarding the progress of others.
Donation to CIWOT's charities.
Min. of 3, max. 5
Please apply by registering on this page and will contact you.